Benefits of Volunteering:
Secure a job
- Employers love to see that you’ve made a commitment to volunteer. It’s a great way to boost your CV, demonstrate your work skills and provide up-to date examples of your work experience at interview.
- By volunteering you will gain a professional reference, somebody who can vouch for you and support your future job applications.
- If you’re looking to change your career direction or try work for the first time, volunteering is a great way of gaining a taster of different types of work.
Improve your health
- Helping others in the community provides a real sense of achievement and worth. You’ll boost your confidence and feel good about making a difference.
- Meeting new people, possibly making friends, and being part of something outwith your usual routine is fun.
There are a variety of volunteering opportunities available to suit everyone. We can help you to identify and access these opportunities whilst continuing to assist you with your job search.