After Care Manager – Part Time
- Location: 19 Nethan Street, Glasgow
- Salary: £16,035.52 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 30.00 hours per week
- Closing Date 19th May
Jobs & Business Glasgow (JBG) are here to support the residents of Glasgow to take part in training courses, assist them in securing employment via help with CVs, job searches, applications, and to regain the confidence that their future can be positive. JBG also helps to positively transform Glasgow through economic growth, with a focus on business through assisting with both the creation of start-up organisations and the growth of established non-profit organisations.
JBG are also the second largest provider of childcare in Glasgow, through its Rising Stars Childcare facilities and we are currently looking to hire Childcare Workers to help with the efficient day to day operation of our nurseries and to offer children a safe, secure, caring and supportive environment in which to foster their growth and development.
JBG are currently seeking to recruit an After School Manager to join our Nethan Street facility. The After School Manager is responsible for the efficient day to day operation of the After School and policy implementation. They will provide leadership and guidance in promoting high standards of practice and the provision of a high quality childcare service.
The successful candidate will:
• Continually develop and monitor wide ranging curriculums appropriate to age and stage of development of the children, in line with Curriculum for Excellence;
• Utilise My World Outdoors to ensure best use is made of the outdoor area for the after school and wider community;
• Continually monitor and review the planning, assessment records and observations for all service users ensuring the information is used to enhance the quality and depth of learning;
• Utilise How Good is Our Early Learning and Childcare document to ensure Self Evaluation is robust and meets the whole service need and that of the Care Inspectorate;
• Establish positive working links with other agencies, local schools and other childcare providers. This includes working in partnership with other providers both local Authority and Private.
Candidates must have, or be working towards, a relevant qualification (i.e. BA/Level 9 in Childhood Practice, or equivalent) and will be required to demonstrate:
• Knowledge of the relevant legislation and the ability to develop polices/procedures consistent with the legislation, best practice and the inspection processes for childcare services;
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools;
• Effective performance management expertise.
We are currently recruiting 1 part-time After School Worker with a working pattern of Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week, 12noon to 6pm. During school holidays the post will increase to 35 hours per week
The post will be primarily located at our Nethan Street Rising Stars Childcare location, but there may be a requirement to work from alternative locations – please see our website for further information on locations http://www.jbg.org.uk/childcare/about-rising-stars/
The salary for the post is £16,035.52 (A24)
This position requires membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme and the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC). For further information, please refer to the Disclosure Scotland and SSSC websites.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.