This is an exciting opportunity to gain the skills required to work in the cleaning and domestic services sector; areas of employment might include hotels, hospitals, schools, or offices.
- The role of the cleaner
- To gain knowledge and understanding of the role and skills of cleaning.
- To understand the principles of Infection Control
- To gain a knowledge of COSHH
- To develop knowledge of processes used in cleaning
- To have understanding of the importance of health and safety in workplace
- The impact of poor cleaning practices
- Elementary Cleaning & Disinfection – Qualification on passing exam
- Elementary Food Hygiene – Qualification on passing exam (1 credit point)
- Elementary Infection Control – Qualification on passing exam (1 credit point)
- Elementary H&S – Qualification on passing exam (1 credit point)
- Safe Manual Handling – Certificate on completion.
- Emergency First Aid at Work- Qualification on passing exam (1 credit point)
Employability Points: Job Search, CV creation, Application forms, Interview skills
Suitable for: Ages 18+
Duration: 3 days a week for 3 weeks
Placement location: Various employer addresses across Glasgow
Stage: Vocational Training – Stage 3
For the next available course dates please see below or call our Customer Service Team on 0300 123 2898 for more information.