Join our Team
The pandemic hit the employment market hard, and as a result, many lost their jobs or were placed on temporary or low hour contracts.
To support Glasgow City Council residents, we created 26 week paid employment programmes to provide opportunity to start in a role where there is no previous experience. During the 26 weeks, full training is given as the candidate gains valuable work experience whilst receiving a wage.
Following on, some may be invited to stay in the role or if this is not possible, our Advisers will assist them to source further employment. Either way, our goal is to support Glasgow residents to their desired end result.
Working alongside a team of Management Consultants, you will learn how technology can be used to help businesses achieve their goals. During the placement, full support will be provided, plus the opportunity to achieve recognised certification. On successful completion of the placement, there is an opportunity to move into a permanent Consultant role.
- Takes responsibility for achieving the agreed learning milestones and proactively highlights issues to Team Manager.
- Supports the team to provide consulting services to clients, if required, in a professional, respectful manner, always keeping in mind the implications of your actions.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills, adheres to project deadlines, if applicable and delivers on commitments.
- Reports progress in a timely and coherent manner.
- The learning journey that you are undertaking involves developing or enhancing technical skills and undertaking learning that is technical in nature around CRM systems used by businesses. Whilst this is fully supported and you do not need a technical background to be successful, you should be aware and should be comfortable with this as it forms a large part of your placement and the opportunity of a consulting role beyond the placement.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and willing to take on responsibility.
- Presents and communicates with colleagues and clients, if required in an articulate manner.
- Comply with all company procedures and policies including, but not restricted to, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- Actively listens to others to absorb feedback and coaching ad
The finer details
We are recruiting exciting, fixed term supported employment opportunities for Glasgow city residents who are actively looking for work.
Successful applicants will be offered up to 26 weeks paid work placement, 16 hours per week, paying £10.90 per hour, earning a weekly wage, holiday entitlement and other employee benefits. Shift times to be discussed and agreed with employer.
A bank account or credit union account (in employees name) is required to receive wages.
How to Apply:
Existing JBG customers please contact your JBG Adviser to register your interest in this opportunity.
New customers must be registered with JBG. To book a Registration Appointment please call our Customer Service Team on: Freephone 0300 123 2898 quoting your interest in this opportunity.
Please note, you are required to provide proof of address and proof of current benefit (where applicable).
Dates for your diary:
- Application closing date: Fri 15th Sep 2023
- Job interviews: week commencing Mon 18th Sep 2023
- Job start date: Mon 2nd Oct 2023
- Job location: Glasgow City Centre