In early 2021, Glasgow Chamber of Commerce launched a programme exclusively for Glasgow’s young people and businesses called, Step Up Glasgow.
This programme offers incentives to employers to create job opportunities for recent school leavers by funding 100% of the wages.
Jobs & Business Glasgow are working in partnership to support the young people in Glasgow to secure these positions and to move into employment.
If you have recently left school, Step Up Glasgow could be the best option for you to secure employment.
The programme is open to:
- recent school leavers who are not currently in employment, education or training and who are not eligible for Universal Credit
- some College and University leavers who may be considered for placements depending on the level of qualification received and whether you are finding barriers to employment.
- All participants must live within a Glasgow City Council postcode
- View the Current vacancies, if you find a vacancy you are interested, contact us and we will help you to prepare your application
- You could also call us on freephone 0300 123 2898 to link with an Adviser who will help you with job searching
- Or if you prefer, email us at email@example.com and we’ll get in touch